Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Some Random Pics.

Going thru some of the pics i've gotten this year so far, I thought I'd share a few. I really need to get a proper Florida bird book. I got this shot near the (non-working) clock tower across the street from where I work. I see lots of Egrets, and the occasional Anhinga, plus the usual canadian geese...I have no idea what this bird is. besides ugly that is. ***edit: I stopped at the library today, and I believe it's a wood stork.






On a recent ride down to St Augustine, I actually made it to the beach, since the historic area was PACKED. I don't think I could have found a parking space if I tried. It was breezy, but a beautiful day nonetheless.




I caught this little bird's picture at the St John's Town Center on sunday morning. I got pretty close too, and he/she didn't even fly away, a nest, perhaps?
Hopefully, everyone is keeping warm. I know I am, with the heat on. It's been chilly here in North Florida. Not nearly as cold as it's been in other areas, but cold to my florida-aclimated self.

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

Oh I like that wood stork or whatever it is and that rocky shore looks very cool. We're a balmy 38 right now but expecting sub-zero temps tonight.