Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Brenda Photo Challenge time!


Hey, many thanks again to LauraBelle for accepting the challenge of hosting this first Brenda Photo Challenge of 2009!! The theme she chose was "Anything New". This could mean so many things! Since I've already posted pics of my Christmas presents, which I LOVE, BTW...I decided on just a few new, slightly odd, things around here...







I added a new photo hanging wire (really DMC thread, lol) to a wall near my newly organized scrap area. I used some acrylic paint and painted up a few wooden clothespins and hung some of my favorite photos from my boston trip with Jeanne. I think my favorite clothespins are the ones I painted white and stamped on, they were so much fun! The big tin "K" I got at Urban Outfitters, here in Jacksonville. Oh, how I love that place!!! I can't wait to go into the newly opened one in Northampton, Mass!

There is also a lot of road construction going on here. Most of Downtown jax is torn up and new highways being put in. Up here on the northside of Jax, we are getting wider roads and improved off-ramps. Here is one in process.


Hope everyone has a great day, and is having a great start to the new year!

9 comments:

Jeanne said...

Oh I really dig your K. And those closepins are cute as can be. I can't wait for us to go to the UO up here but we'll be going to the one down there first! hehe

Jeanette said...

Great pictures. I love that big tin K. I need to check and see if there is a urban outfitters in my area!

Karen M said...

Wonderful new things!

Brenda said...

Wonderful "New" photos! I love your photo hanging wire, what a neat idea! New construction is a good thing sometimes even though it can be an aggravation too.

Donna said...

Fun photos sweetie! I Like that hanging wire thing! Great idea! Happy day to you!!hughugs

Donna said...

Oh, I love that idea of the clothes pins! Way kewl and fun!

Sharon said...

I was late with my post (I was on holidays) but it is up now :-)

Aren't new roads great when they are finished. Not so much when they are working on them. It took my sister and I 2 hours to go 50 kilometres (30 miles?)on our trip up the coast because of road work. Grrr!

Sharon

LauraBelle said...

Thanks for having picked me for this! I'm glad I landed on Brenda's Photo Challenge for it's been fun meeting so many nice people *smiles* and I like to think it's all in God's plan.

After you'd picked me, our family went off for two weeks in the RV and once back home I found my other photo challenge closed!

Yet, I had landed into this wonderful group of people not knowing, but HE knew ... ya think?

Love your photo's ... and will visit again! {{huggz}}

antigoni said...

Excellent post! Beautiful new things and a happy new year.