Thursday, October 30, 2008

Skywatch Friday




Today's view is from a few days ago. It was so nice when I got out of work that I took a drive thru the back roads of the Jacksonville Airport. Before you get to the terminals there is a road that goes off to the right where they have the economy parking, rental car lots, a post office, and the pet kennels. I like the ride out there because there are no tall buildings blocking the view of the sky. There are, however, lots of fences.


It has been pretty chilly the last few days; as low as 36 in the morning when I get up! Brrrr. I've definitely aclimated to the southern weather a bit. Personally I'd be happy with about 70-75 everyday with sunshine. It can rain at night, or during the week when most people are at work.



This one was from when I was pulling off the highway at my exit. I saw this plane coming down for his landing and thought it was pretty neat. He went right over me, but I was too far along the road when he got closer, and there was no way I could just stop there on the off ramp.


This one was taken back in september at The Boat ramp. It was definitely one of the more beautiful sunsets I've seen. Not that there is such a thing as a bad one...but you know what I mean!

As always visit here to see links to many more participants of Skywatch Friday, and feel free to join in if you don't already!

15 comments:

Gill - That British Woman said...

The third one is my favourite.

Gill in Canada

Jeanne said...

beautiful. I too like the third one the best.

Faye said...

nice shot!

Jane Hards Photography said...

Incredible sunset. The weather never ceases to amaze me around the world.

Unknown said...

Greay piccies, clever angle with the plane

Louise said...

Varied and pretty skies!

dianasfaria.com said...

how smart of you to take that drive -these are beautiful skies!

Anonymous said...

very beautiful captures

naturglede/Randi Lind said...

Realy greate photoes:)

Speedy said...

Hello Jacksonville, Finland calling! Thanks fpr stopping by!:D

Great skies there, especially the last one! It is snowing here as I write, definitely winter coming! :)

Had to use Google account while commenting, but my real blog is here: http://loneranger.vuodatus.com

soulbrush said...

wow these are fantastic...i love the sky!

Arija said...

Two very nice shots. The diagonal presentation is quite interesting.

Larry D said...

Great series, the sunset was wonderful,Happy SWF!

Louis la Vache said...

Happy Sky Watch!
That final image is particularly grand, Kim!

Max-e said...

Hi Kim, nice series of photos. I do not envy you your winter.