Sunday, October 24, 2010

Weekend Update

Saturday was our breakfast day for the Ladies group from Church. We meet at a local restaurant once a month, arriving at 9 and usually we don't leave til almost 11. Lots of chatting, and making plans for future outings and discussing various other endeavors. Coming up soon we have A banquet at a local women's resource center, and lunch at a restaurant we went to last year that we'd all been looking forward to doing again. They have the BEST Shrimp and Grits!! :)


Instead of hitting RAM for saturday morning, I decided to go to Barnes & Noble to get in a little quality magazine time, and a big cup of coffee since it is Pumpkin Spice time of the year.
During the fall the RAM has free movies on saturday evenings, and last night it was The Wizard Of Oz, what a great movie! It was a tradition for us to watch it when it came on TV every year, and I honestly can't remember the last time I watched it from start to finish.






Today I went to Church, then to lunch at the Olive Garden. I needed a long walk through one of my favorite nature preserves to work off that dinner. I did manage to see 3 Pileated Woodpeckers! They are huge! I tried to get all 3 in one picture but the best I could do was 2, as they kept flying from tree to tree. They weren't too happy that I was bugging them.
It was actually kind of buggy out there, so I didn't linger around after the birds flew off for the last time.

Tomorrow is Scrap Your Day, so hopefully I remember to take pics throughout the day, and not just starting when I leave work, *that* never happens!

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Cool woodpecker shots! Probably why they like it there, the bugs.

Kim said...

Jeanne: Thanks, they really must have been feasting then! LOL