Sunday, April 26, 2009

Scrap Your Day 01


I randomly chose the August prompt from Shimelle's free online "Scrap Your Day" challenge/project she did last year. Jeanne and I decided to do it together this year, and alternate choosing months, as well. She already had a system that works for her down, and I'll be learning what works and what doesn't as I go along.



This months theme was "in the details", and I probably could have done better, but I had fun and that's what counts! :) It's a challenge after all, right?
I could tell when I got up, that it was going to be a beautiful day!The sun was shining, and some high fluffy clouds.









Dinner last night was from a tasty recipe I found in one of the Taste of Home magazines. I love that they are fast, and always use easy to find ingredients.
This one has spiral pasta, diced chicken breast, diced tomatoes, black olives and some spices. It also called for sour cream, but had none, and it was still tasty. I have made it properly before, so knew it was one ingredient I could skip.


Most of the day was spent at the St John's Town Center browsing at Barnes & noble, and watching the free music in the small park there. There are ducks, koi, and lots of turtles in the pond there as well, so plenty to capture my attention.
They had an art show going on also, so I couldn't get too picture happy there, but there were some great drawings and paintings. very creative stuff!
I even managed to find my new bathing suit. hopefully this one lasts more than a year, since I may go swimming 2-3 times a year at the most.
Today it's off to St Augustine for the annual Taste of St Augustine, and Birth of the Blues festival at the Ampitheatre. I've even skipped breakfast so I can properly stuff myself later on. Carribean Jack Seared Ahi Tuna with Apple Mango Slaw anyone?? YUM-O!
Remember to go here to see some of Jeanne's pics from her day! I wonder what month she'll pick for us next!!

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

YaY to our first month! Good going. Love the shot with the musician and you and Scout. Anthro in there??