Monday, February 16, 2009

(long) scrappy weekends

So happy for a 3 day weekend. I hardly ever get them, and with me being salary, I work more hours than pretty much everyone in my immediate work area. I'm thankful that I have friends & family to chat with, and scrappy stuff to keep me from getting too burned out from the stress!

I took care of some cleaning, laundry and shopping, along with some badly needed sorting of clothes that no longer fit, or are just no good anymore. The goodwill store will be happy, when I get my arse down there to drop them off!
On Sunday Jeanne & I did our usual Scrappy day, each getting quite a bit done. I completed 2 layouts, and a few more small pages for my chippy album. There's probably only room for a few more pages in it, before I'll have to start another one. I'm sure when I head home in May for my vacation, I'll find plenty of things to add to it. :)

There are so many things that have changed around where I grew up, that I'm kind of sad that I don't have pictures of. I know places will change and evolve, I don't have a problem with that. I just wish I got pictures of some of my favorite places.

Anyhoo, the completed layouts this week are here:

I've had these photo's of my niece tubing on the Connecticut River sitting around for 13 years..can't believe she'll be 21 in October!


~Details: PP: American Crafts, Cardstock: Best Occasions, "Tubing Time!" & tubing definition clear stickers: SRM Press, "N" & "summer": Studio G, "icole": Swatch book rub-ons(sonnets), "95" & "7": KI memories, "@": Fiskars, ink: ColorBox.







I love this picture of Nicole, not holding on, and sticking her tongue out at me! She was all of 7!

Next up is a layout of a 2001 trip to Florida I took with my sister and her family. I did 2 layouts for this trip previously, but you don't want to see those. LOL This one just has a few pics from Universal Studios, and one from Daytona Beach.










~Details: Cardstock: Best Occasions, PP behind beach photo: American Crafts, "Beach": Imaginisce, "fun in" & wave stamps: Studio G, "florida" stamps: KI Memories, rub on star: Junkitz expressions, ink from ColorBox, font in journaling: French Script MT, border strip: K & Co (que sera sera)
In the mini book I'm working on here are the pages I finished this weekend:










So there you have it, as always we had had a blast and hopefully May will come around quick, so I can get back home to take more pictures there. Only 97 days to vacation!
Go here to see what Jeanne made!

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

Love the tubing one. That pic of Nic with no hands is so her! What the little daredevil huh? What a blast we had and very productive too. You're so right lots more pics very soon.