Monday, July 13, 2009

Scrap your day 03

On to the 3rd "Scrap Your Day" layout already, and next week brings the 4th day of picture taking. This year is just flying by. I can't believe it's only 66 days til my next vacation already too! THAT makes me very happy! This time we plan to get to Boston and the Big E (hopefully)! At least I have more time in September, almost a full 10 days.







This months theme was capturing the faces around us. Since I live with just my feline companion, there was no getting pics of family, and since I'm also not allowed to take pictures at work, it made for a short window of picture taking. Above, see a pic that didn't make it into the LO, one of the fountains by where I work. The first pic of the day came when I left work at 4:40 in the afternoon. After a quick stop at starbucks and the boat ramp I came home. I was able to get a couple shots around the house, then decided a visit to the St John's Town Center mall was in order.It was a bittersweet evening as both Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson passed away.




This past weekend I found yet another turtle in the continuing saga of "find all the fiberglas turtles in Jacksonville". This one is just on the side of the road by my Toyota dealership.

I also managed to find a new nature preserve. Unfortunately the interesting half is closed for renovation. This one is called Castaway Island Preserve. They did have a nice, albeit overgrown, flower garden loaded with butterflies.














Oh, and in other super duper cool news, the dunkin donuts we had here near the airport is REOPENING!!! oh, how happy that makes my workplace. But wait, there's more! In addition to the million restaurants at the river city shopping center (near the airport, not as nice as the St. John's, but definitely a place I visit frequently) we now have an Olive Garden there! Salad! Breadsticks. I think I'm in heaven! :) I'm thinking dinner before the new Harry Potter film on Thursday!

As always click on the photos for a closer look, and don't forget to visit Jeanne's Blog to see what she created!

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

ROFL at Scout's expression. He looks surprised to be having his picture taken. hehe Cool skull there and love including the birds and manequins. Outside the box, good going girl! Love seeing those turtles too, keep it up lol. Gonna get our tix for HP tomorrow.

Nancy said...

What a nice view (fountain) to see every day on your way to work. did you spook the kitty? Your a natural at picture taking. I love the simple pics with lots of punch.